The Gate Midleton
Market Green. Midleton. 021 4630066
Find out what's on at:
1. Students must show a valid student card.
2. Those acting in an unruly fashion before entering the movie theatre may be asked to leave or refused entry to the movie theatre.
3. Those who are of disturbance to other patrons (excessive talking, excessive laughing, constant mobile phone use) in the movie theatre will be asked to leave without refund.
4. Person/persons asked to leave the cinema due to unruly/abusive behaviour are not the responsibility of the cinema.
5. We ask all patrons to act with due care while on the cinema premises.
6. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the cinema premises, if you are found to have alcohol in the movie theatre, you will be asked to leave without a refund.
7. Certificates of movies are the law. You will be asked your date of birth if it is thought you are not the required age. It is at the staff members’ discretion to allow you to the movie if the staff member suspects you are not the required age. You may choose another movie for the suitable age provided the staff member is treated amicably after refusal, otherwise you may be denied entry to the cinema.
8. If a patron has been asked to leave the cinema on a previous occasion due to unruly/abusive behaviour, entry to the cinema on another occasion is not guaranteed.
9. All children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult (over 18), children are requested to remain in their seats for the movie screening to avoid the disturbance of other patrons.
10. You must have your ticket available for inspection at all times.
11. The movie week runs from Friday – Thursday so all listings are different each Friday.
12. All personal belongings are brought to the Gate Cinemas at the owners risk, we do not accept responsibility for belongings lost, broken or mis-placed.
13. .If a breakdown should occur during the screening of a movie, a choice of another movie will be offered if the time frame allows it or a complimentary pass will be issued, cash refunds will not be given.
14. Credit card refunds are refunded back to the credit card on the day of the transaction, if this in error does not occur then the cinema may be contacted through email or telephone (details on the web sites) and the amount will be refunded.
15. If overcharging/ twice charging occurs, a statement of account must be provided to the cinema as proof, then a full refund will be made.
16. A refund will not be given if the movie is of personal dislike to you.
17. If a booking has been made on the website or over the phone by credit card, at least 3 hours’ notice must be given to the cinema if you cannot attend the movie, otherwise the full amount of the original booking will be charged to your credit card.
18. If a booking has been made through a cash transaction in the cinema, at least 3 hours’ notice must be given if you cannot attend the movie, the tickets must be handed back to the cinema.
19. A refund will only be given at the cinema with a valid ticket.
20. Hot food i.e. fast food, pizza may not be consumed in the cinema theatre due to the odour it creates for other patrons.
21. For the comfort and safety of all patrons, E-Cigarettes may not be used anywhere on the premise.
22. We try to accommodate babies (under 2 years) in the Gate Cinemas. Please note, babies will only be admitted into G, PG and 12A certificates. We ask you to respect other customer's enjoyment of the film and in the event your baby becomes distressed we ask you to leave the screen. Should we receive notification that customers are becoming disturbed due to your child's distress you may be asked to leave the screen. For a baby which will be in your arms or on your lap, there is no charge. However, should your child require a seat there will be a charge of a child ticket.
23. Customers are to adhere to Covid-19 safety guidelines as set out by the HSE while in the cinema; wash hands thoroughly and regularly, social distancing of 2 meters, cover your mouth when coughing and avoid touching your face.
24. Customers are advised to book tickets online where possible and/or use contactless payment.
25. Seats will be automatically allocated by the ticketing system, in accordance with social distancing and restricted capacity guidelines.